The purpose of the Membership and Outreach Committee of CCSS is to...
- Design and implement strategies for the recruitment and retention of CCSS members
- Monitor membership trends and local council membership
- Coordinate and collaborate with local council leadership, Board members, and other CCSS committees to retain existing members and to increase membership and outreach
- Promote opportunities for alignment of initiatives with other social studies education organizations in California
- Inform potential and current members of the benefits and privileges of CCSS membership for professionals in the field of social studies education